Saturday, February 11, 2006

Finished reading "Great Soviet Short Stories". Not one of my favourite reads. This was not because of the style. Far from it. Russian literature takes me back to my "roots". I became a reading addict whilst getting hooked on Tolstoty, Turgenev, Solzynitsyn etc.. This coupled with my fascination of Russion history and music. Discovering Stravinsky turned my music world upside down with the departure from the Classical era and started my love with "modern" classical music. Infact as I am writing I am watching a documentary on John Adams (the great American modern composer, not the former President). The reason it wasn't one of my favourite reads is because I am not a fan of short stories. When I read I like something I can get into, not, something that I just get started into and then it's finished. Over!

-Richard

No comments: