Total Pages Read: 1233 Total Time Read: 12 Hours 47 Minutes Total Books Finished: 5
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Always the last for me..1 am - 2 am my time
2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read! I finished Cauldron by Larry Bond and The Journal of Helene Berr both of which I had already started. Completely read A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris, Oracle Night by Paul Auster and Blue Texas by Max Krochmal. I also just started Kolymsky Heights by Lionel Davidson
3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners? Anything you enjoy. We all have different preferences, so just choose whats best for you.
4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile? Keep doing it :)
5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep - Definitely reading...looking forward to #21
Start of the 24 hour read-a-thon and opening Meme:
This is the 20th Dewey's Read-a-thon that Jenn and I have participated in. As always we're looking forward to it, but, I don't feel as motivated today as usual. I am sure once I get started I will get going, but, I do not know that it will be a good fun day.
My page goal is to beat my average number of pages read over the previous read-a-thon's which is 1102.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Just north of Houston, TX
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably finished The Journal of Helene Barr
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Whatever Jenn has made :)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! English, Lost in Texas!!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll
do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most
looking forward to? We are going to stay home from lunch rather than go our for lunch as it loses too much time, even though we chose places to read it.
It's time for the next Bout of Books. It will be the ninth time Jenn and I have taken part in it. This one will be a little more of a challenge for me as I am traveling on business Monday - Thursday so I am not sure if I will be able to post updates. The good news is I get two flights of 3 1/2 hours to read :)
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @
Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins
12:01am Monday, August 21st and runs through Sunday, August 27th in
whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are
challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are
completely optional. For all Bout of Books 20 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
Born in Hartlepool, England. Left home age 18 to go to The University of Bradford. Earned a degree in Chemistry and Chemical Technology. Moved to London to work. Married Jenn, from TX, in 1997. Moved to High Wycombe. After 1 year of marriage moved to Edna, TX. Then job moves took us the Bay Area of CA in Jan 1999, then to Raleigh, NC in Oct 2001 followed by a move back to the Houston, TX area in Jan 2011.