Next week I am participating in my eighth Bout of Books read-a-thon.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @
Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins
12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever
time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are
challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are
completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Always the last one. (Hour 19 for me)
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year? Action thrillers
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?. I like it as it is. This is # 19 for me and I don't intend to stop.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I did like the Instagram challenge.
5. How many books did you read? Finished three.
6. What were the names of the books you read? A Fighting Chance, Dead Reckoning, The Charm School and start The Ladies Paradise
7. Which book did you enjoy most? A Fighting Chance
8. Which did you enjoy least? The Ladies Paradise, but, only because I just started it and have not gotten into it yet.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very!! A Reader
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? The Woodlands, TX (just north of Houston)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The one I am currently reading (Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cookies!!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Ex-pat Englishman now in the Houston, Texas area married to the love of my life. I'll also be very anxiously watching the football scores from England this morning.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll
do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most
looking forward to? This is the nineteenth I have taken part in and will do it similar to all the rest which I have thoroughly enjoyed.
As usual I don't have a list of book, just reading them as they come. I
do know that I will read the next Charlaine Harris Sookie book. My
goal is to beat my average number of pages (1096), average time read (11 hours 34 minutes) and average number of books finished (3.6) from
the previous read-a-thons.
Born in Hartlepool, England. Left home age 18 to go to The University of Bradford. Earned a degree in Chemistry and Chemical Technology. Moved to London to work. Married Jenn, from TX, in 1997. Moved to High Wycombe. After 1 year of marriage moved to Edna, TX. Then job moves took us the Bay Area of CA in Jan 1999, then to Raleigh, NC in Oct 2001 followed by a move back to the Houston, TX area in Jan 2011.