Starting May 9th Jenn and I will participating on our 5th Bout of Books Read-a-thon
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender
and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that
begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in
whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are
challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are
completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
So here we go again. Another Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon. This will be the seventeenth successive time. The usual plan read about 1000 pages, relax, have fun and not worry about the crazy life we have going on :)
I am starting with the book I am currently reading: Tortured for Christ written by Richard Wurmbrand. I am currently on page 15 (out of 155).
Here is my opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? The Woodlands, TX
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? A very short children's book written by our good friend: Itchy Pig
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Whatever has been made :)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Englishman "lost in Texas"
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll
do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most
looking forward to? Same as always..just a nice day away from "life"
Born in Hartlepool, England. Left home age 18 to go to The University of Bradford. Earned a degree in Chemistry and Chemical Technology. Moved to London to work. Married Jenn, from TX, in 1997. Moved to High Wycombe. After 1 year of marriage moved to Edna, TX. Then job moves took us the Bay Area of CA in Jan 1999, then to Raleigh, NC in Oct 2001 followed by a move back to the Houston, TX area in Jan 2011.