Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Wednesday I finally got around to sending in my application for naturalization as a US Citizen. Boy, did I get a shock when I went to write the cheque for the fee. It went up from $400 to $675 at the end of July, an increase of approx 150%. People ask me why I am so against illegal
immigration. Well, here is one reason. The people trying to do it the right way are now being punished to cover the cost. Another example of this is a former c0-worker of mine, who ended up losing his job because his work permit had expired. He did nothing wrong, applied within the time required, but, because of a major backlog they couldn't and process his application in time so he ended up having to lose his job. Yup, I am 100% against Illegal immigration and any form of amnesty. There are thousands of people who have come here legally, followed due process, paid a lot of money to do it correctly so why should those who have broken the law get away with it?

I will post again on this when I get an update on my application.

-Richard

No comments: