Friday, January 25, 2008

One of the most rewarding things that I do occasionally is to help teach a Basic Computer Class to residents of the Raleigh Rescue Mission. I've done this for a few years now. It is great to try and show people who have not had it easy, but, are so enthusiastic, so grateful but above all want to really try and start again new skills. For example when I was there yesterday I bumped into a student from a previous class. He is now going to college to attend culinary arts. It's so refreshing after all the negativity we here all around us and yet these folks who do have nothing are so grateful it really makes one think.

The other cool thing about the session that I have just done is that I did it for the first time with Jenn. Each class has an instructor and assistant. My previous assistant just had a baby so Jenn stepped into help and enjoyed it. She should actually be doing the teaching as she is the one that taught me most things that I know on the computer.

The class is always started with a short devotional as the goal is sharing Christ in a practical way that can apply to people's life. Yesterday's which was unplanned happened to be my favourite: Joshua 1 vs 9...paraphrased by me "Be Bold be Strong because the Lord Your God is with you"

-Richard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. alissa milano Battery Louboutin Shoes christian louboutin platforms. Bridal Dresses