Sunday, January 17, 2010

We have had another week of nothing but bad news on the TV with the horrific Earthquake in Haiti. Also, work was really rough this week. Sometimes, despite my faith, it all seems so much. However, every time I feel like this something happens that restores my faith in people and humanity.

Today, I volunteered at the Children's Church. There was a new little girl who was very frightened and scared. During the play time at the end another little boy sat down with her and her Mom and showed them how to play UNO and played with them putting her at ease. A small, spontaneous gesture showing maturity and compassion well beyond his years. Inspired me and made me think that how welcoming am I as a forty year old and would I have done that. Probably not. How we can learn as adults from the "little children". This is the reason why Jesus said we should have a "childlike faith".

-Richard

No comments: