Sunday, April 06, 2008

Christ Died

As we walk down a street
What do we see?
A begger
A loser for all to see!
A black man
He'll probably mug some day!
A Gay man
He'll soon be dead from AIDS!
A business man,
He must be good!
A young mother pushing a pram
Should have been more careful!
What I see is people.
People for whom Christ Died.

7th April 1996 - Skegness, Lincolnshire, England.

I spent a lot of time wondering if I should actually post this, as perhaps some of the comments could be perceived as controversial. However, I decided to. Why? Because living in the States, and especially in this election year we hear a lot about Race, Prejudice's and bigotry etc.. It is so wrong. We all created by God as equals. We as humans do not have the right to judge ANYONE based on ANYTHING. Society, however, is different. Unfortunately. The really sad thing is a lot of these prejudices come not from the ordinary people but the leaders, be it political, cultural or religious. People who are educated and should know better. Just pay attention to comments made during this election on both sides. This is not a political comment just reality. It makes me sick. AGAIN everyone is created EQUALLY by God. HE ALONE has the right to judge. We are commanded to love everyone unconditionally. Christ Died for EVERYONE. If this message were truly understood we could really see a peaceful world. That is why I wrote this poem 12 years ago and that's why I decided to post it because things have not changed, in fact, and I hesitate to say this I think bias and prejudices are getting worse not better. This breaks my heart.

-Richard

No comments: