Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last week we were back in the Bay Area of California. I had to go for meetings and Jenn decided to join me.

We got of the plane at San Fransisco Airport and literally went to The San Jose Earthquakes first game at their temporary gigs - Buck Shaw Stadium on the campus of Santa Clara Stadium. It was great seeing the team live again, something I really never thought would happen. It wasn't the best game in the world. and finished 0-0 against Dallas. On the way up to our hotel in Pleasant Hill we stopped the place we usually stopped at after games; In-and-Out Burger in San Ramon. It brought back many happy memories of the trip to and from San Jose. We also spend time visiting old friends, visiting old haunts. Sometimes it seems surreal that we actually used to live there. I don't think I could ever go back their to live, but, it is certainly somewhere we enjoy going back to.

We were, of course, reminded how bad the traffic was when we tried to get back to the airport on Sunday to pick up some people. The Bay Bridge was backed right up. We may complain of traffic in Raleigh, but, nothing is ever that bad.

On the way home we went via a new airport for me, Dallas - Fort Worth. There are not many major airports in the States that I have not been to.

The last track that I listened to on my IPOD was the third movement from Sir William Walton's Symphony No.1.

-Richard

No comments: