Sunday, August 03, 2008

I am a big fan of 30 Days, the Morgan Spurlock Documentary Series on the FX Network. It is were people are put into an "opposite" situation for 30 days to see how they get on, try and understand the other view etc... I find it one of the more thought provoking shows on TV.

We just watched episode 3 of the latest series were a North Carolina Hunter had to spend 30 Days with a PETA actavist in Los Angeles. Very interesting. I think it's difficult to put in to words exactly what I think. I am against PETA's methods, however, agree with many of their causes. I think a summary of my position is no animal should suffer cruelty. I am not a vegitarian or vegan, but, do not understand why the animals have to suffer in providing us with food. I always used to try and buy products that were free range but have slipped badly. This show as now re-inforced how I need to do this, or if I can't find it in a particular store then not to buy and do without.

The other issue this brought back to the forefront of my mind is what I do for a living. Although, the company I work for in no way does any animal activities some of our clients do, be it Pharma, cosmetics and big farming. I guess it's something that I put to the back of my mind. I guess now it's time to re-think about it.....

-Richard

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Richard, glad to see your post. i was on the show and had a great time doing it, although it was a challenge for sure. It was a learning experience for everyone involved. Best of luck with everything. Best, Melissa