Sunday, September 21, 2008

A couple of points on the sports front.

The first is that the Carolina RailHawks finished their Season yesterday failing to make the USL1 play-offs. This season has been a disappointment and I am sure that there will be many debates, inquiries and repercussions over the next few weeks as the team generally in my opinion under-performed and wasted too many opportunities. However, the strange thing was in many ways the game yesterday made me more of a believer. The reason why was the way the team wanted to win the game for the fans. Yes, there was still a chance to qualify for the play-offs, but, realistically it was a long shot, but, the fight towards the end of the game to get the win was the best I've seen for a long time. The win game 1-0 against Portland Timbers and like I said I think it was more for themselves and the fans. This made me more of RailHawk fan than anything else. They will never overtake Hartlepool or San Jose in the pecking order, but, they definately drew me a lot closer in yesterday and I will have a much greater passion next Season.

The second point is disgust at the New England Patriot fans. They lost their first NFL regular Season game today for the first time in I think 21 games. The fans booed and left early. Do they realise how lucky they have been and still are? I they are going to boo their team after one loss after the run they've had I do not consider them true fans. They are as disgraceful as their owners, the Krafts.

-Richard

No comments: