Friday, January 23, 2009

Wow...it's been an interesting start to 2009 to say the least....

On the more trivial side of life The Giants flames out in the play-offs against Philadeplhia. Philly was the only team I was afraid off an unfortunately my foreboding came to pass. Still it was a good season.

Our small group at Church took a hit when one couple left. However, the two remaining couples have decided to stay together and also find a new church together. So far, this has resulted in a much closer relationship between us all and I believe it will be good thing.

Work has been really tough. We had a big RIF (reduction in force) a couple of weeks ago. This meant I had to lay two people off. This is one of the hardest things I have had to do, primarily because it was two good people who did not deserve it. Firing is one thing, that is self inflicted and deserved. A RIF. not the case. I have a major conflict about it because my faith say we are to live a fair, compassionate life so this action goes against this. However, as a Christian I am also called to do the best I can in everything I do and this includes work (as long as it is does not go against God's teachings) so therefore as this was a required I did the best I could. A great paradox of trying to be Christ-Like living in the World. Plenty to ponder going forward.

-Richard

No comments: