Saturday, August 12, 2006


My girls!! The next two members of our little family: Andie and Mandy. They came into Snowflake after the home they were living in was destroyed by fire.

Andie (left) was a small under nourished Mam cat with her little kittens. Andie immediatly took a liking to me and every time I went to her foster home to clean she would jump on my lap and follow me around. She never did well at adoptathons, but, when we took her back to the foster home she immediatly jumped back on to my lap. She had chosen me!!

All her kittens but two were adopted. Mandy (Right) was the shyest and was (and is) incedibly bonded to her mother. The decision was made by their foster mom that they had to be adopted together.

Jenn decided for my birthday two years ago that Andie had chosen me and would only be happy in out house so she adopted her and Mandy for my present. They are both doing well, Andie follows me around everywhere and when I sitting on the coach is invariably on my lap (except time such as now when I am working on the computer. She does not like my laptop!!). Mandy the little shy kitten is our youngest, and is really blossomed and loves attention.

The other kitten, who was not adopted out, Slim is still in his foster home. He is doing very well, but, would certainly love to find a home where he can be spoilt.

-Richard

No comments: