Sunday, August 06, 2006

One of great pleasures during the summer months was always the BBC proms from the Royal Albert Hall. As long as I remember we used to listen to them on the radio or watch them on TV. When I lived in London I purchased a Season Ticket and went to most of the concerts including the famous Last Night Finale. One of the greatest summer experiences of my life. It was exhausting, but, totally worth it.

I have missed the concerts whilst I have been in the USA. However, due to the marvelous technology of the internet I can listen to the again. Although, with the time difference and work I can't listen to much, due, to the fact that each Prom can be listened to on-line for a week afterwards I can choose and pick what I want to listen to as I my main pleasure and love is modern, 20th Century music and Russian I can chose those performances. Yesterday I listened to Shostakovichs 8th and 15th symphonies once again reminding me why I love this music and how much I've missed it.

Thanks BBC and the internet.

-Richard

No comments: