Monday, August 21, 2006

Rediscovering my love for Classical Music, or should I rather say listening again is hopefully re-awaking the "creative juices" in me. I think one reason that part of my has been dead for a while is the fact that I have not played the piano for a long time and do not have access to one.

One way I used to express this part of me was to write poetry. Yes, it certainly is not very good or very technically correct, especially as literature used to bore me silly at school I never paid attention. It is all self-taught. It is actually hard to believe that I did not read until I left University (unless it was a Sports book) or start writing until I was University. To hopefully kick start me again I am going to post over the next few weeks some that I have written over the years. I am going to start with the first one that I ever wrote. It was actually written during a lecture by Professor Goodman on a Natural Synthesis in Organic Chemistry. I dedicated it to Louise, my best friend at the time (and still a close friend). She plus another couple of friends are largly responsible for teacing me that is ok for a Neandarthal Male from the North East of England to have emotions and to express them.

The Day of Victory's Coming

The dark, black thunderous clouds ,
Gathered like demons waiting to pounce on an unwitting soul,
In this darkness a light tries to glow
Extinguished by mans own Satanic dreams,
Hell's terror remains the reward,
Under the rule of the fallen lucifer,
His grin is hideous and his devils celebrate,
As soul after soul falls to his clawing hand,
Hearts ripped out, souls captured,
Living in eternal devastation.
Up in Heaven The Creator mourns
The loss of soul upon soul,
His Son sacrificed once,
The enemy defeated in battle before,
Comes down to earth in great Glory,
Darkness blown away,
Life in eternal happiness.
The Devil?
Cast away, bound in chains, with him go,
All those who worship him,
And evil is forever banished,
Never to sway life from their loving Creator,
God and Son and Holy Spirit, living as one happy Trinity
Worshiped, loved and glorified,
Life at last is as planned:
Happy, loving and perfectly pure.

Bradford, England - 1988.

-Richard.

No comments: