Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I finshed reading:

"The Shack" written by William Paul Young.

I broke my "rules" with this one because I bought the book and read it immediately without finishing the one I was reading. Why? Because it came recommended and because the Church we will be trying next Sunday is doing a series on it. It is certainly an interesting book. In my opinion not as good as some of the hype, but, still thought provoking. I think it certainly gives some good illustrations explaining the Trinity, redemption and forgiveness. The thing I really like about the book is that the picture of God it gave was a relationship one. This is something I strongly believe that as a Christian we need develop a daily, hourly, completed relationship with Him. Way two much to go into here with the time I have, so that quick statement will have to do for now!!

This book at 250 pages. It is the 5th I have finished this year for a total of 2147 pages at an average of 429 per book.

-Richard

No comments: