Sunday, October 29, 2006


One of the hard things about living away so far from home is the distance from friends and family. This is generally ok, and due to the fact that I know the choice that I/we made to move to the US was the right one, it is something that I do not often dwell on. However, the things that really are difficult are when major life events happen to those I love. By this I mean marriages, kids, sickness etc...

So far I have missed the weddings of my two brothers, my best friends, my Grandma being sick and dying and children being born and growing up. My youngest brother, Phillip and his wife Sam have two children, Lucy and Andrew who have never met me. They are growing up very quickly. However, at least, with the advent of the internet and digital technology it is possible to keep involved electronically. Recently, after my parents visited, we sent some presents back for them. Philip sent me some photos which are posted here (Andrew top left, Lucy bottom right).

-Richard

No comments: