Saturday, November 04, 2006

Last week I had to go to Wood Dale, Illinois for work. Wood Dale is a suburb of Chicago.

Chicago, in my opinion is good city to visit, but not a place that I would like to live. The main reason, I would guess is the cold weather. It's the tenth time that I've been there. This time it was all work and no play so there was no chance to see any of the city. Except that is a fantastic view of the downtown as we flow over Lake Michigan on our approach to O'Hare Airport on a beautiful clear day.

We have visited some places in the City in the past. The three that come to mind that I can remember are The Art Gallery, Sears Tower and Brookfield Zoo.

I think the Art Institute of Chicago is my favourite. A very good collection. It also hosts Jenn's favourite painting, The Child's Bath painted by Mary Cassatt (right).

The Sears Tower was a great experience. We went to the top on clear summer day and had a fantastic view of the city. Over Lake Michigan, Soldier Field, The Buckingham Fountain, Wrigley Field and all the other famous landmarks. I would definately recommend a visit.

Brookfield Zoo
, a famous zoo was a bit dissapointing. I think having visited The North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro makes it look poor in comparison. However, I have also seen worse. Any way to conserve and protect the animals and wildlife of the World had to be good.

-Richard

No comments: