Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A taste of home.

This week I am back in the Bay Area of California for some meetings in Walnut Creek. Yes, we had some tough times when we lived here, but, it is a good place to visit and catch up with some friends, although it is definatly not the same coming here on my own and having to leave Jenn at home.

There are a few things that have happy memories from when we lived here. The San Jose Earthquakes, some very good friends, my church and Mr Pickwick's. Mr. Pickwick's is an English pub located in Concord, California. It's a place we found were they made "proper" fish n' chips. We often went there when we feeling down or a touch homesick for England.

Tonight, I went back there again. I had Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas, Curry Sauce and Brown Sauce with a pot of PG Tips to drink. In the next booth to me there were two English gentlemen talking, one a Geordie and the other from the London area talking about West Ham United. A definate lump came to my throat!!

-Richard

No comments: