Sunday, February 25, 2007

I have done a lot of thinking recently about places I've been to and some of my favourite places. I guess the reason is that this year as a couple of key anniversaries. Jenn and I will celebrate out 10th wedding anniversary in May. Also, it will be 20 years since I left Hartlepool and went to Bradford University. This has made me think a lot about important places in my life. Over the next few weeks I will post some of these. It will not be everywhere as I do not have pictures from them all, but, certainly quite a lot. Also these are in no particular order or sequence as I do not have all photos in electronic form and it is impossible to put them in a particular order.

I will start today with Sri Lanka. I posted a while ago about this. I went to visit there in September 1993 at the end of a slightly confusing period of my life. It is a fantastic place, with fantastic people. The photo I am posting is a place called Sigiriya. It is a rock fortress which was a rotal citadal. Climbing to the top with my friend Lakmalee and her cousin was an awe inspiring experience. Other favourite places form that trip were Nuwara Eliya the heart of the tea growing company, Kandy and the Indian Ocean Cost. Great memories that I will never forget.

-Richard

No comments: