Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thirty Years ago today I left home. A very naive, shy 18 year old. I left home to study Chemistry and Chemical Technology at The University of Bradford. This changed my life. I learnt a lot about who I am and diversity in life. Yes, I learnt some chemistry, but, I think the whole experience, the making of friends, the meeting of so many different people, learning to live on my own above all experiencing a much more diverse, exciting, understanding and deepening of my Spiritual Walk.

They are good times for which I will also have happy memories and will always be grateful for. So much of who I am, even now, goes back to those days. Yes, the were ideal and, in some ways, we lived in an Utopia, but, the foundations were set.

For the my first year I lived in the Revis Barber Halls (left) of residence which was a blast and for the last two years lived with some friends in a house in Number 36 Grantham Road (right). Great times!!

-Richard

No comments: