Friday, June 13, 2008

When I was flying home I was thinking about other football (Soccer) teams that I liked from different leagues. I goes without saying the first three. These are the only teams that I am a fan off and probably in this order, but, the first two are possibly interchangeable.
Hartlepool United (England League 1)
San Jose Earthquakes (USA - MLS)
Carolina RailHawks (USA - USL1).

The teams below are the ones that I would consider my favourites, but, under no circumstances do I consider myself a fan of these teams.

English Premier League - Middlesbrough (the nearest team to Hartlepool and there is a historical link between the two teams)
The Championship - QPR. (The only London team I like. The reason is I used to work 10 minutes from their ground so went to a lot of games.)
League Two - Wycombe Wanderers and Bradford City ( I used to live in these towns).
Scotland - Berwick Rangers (A North-East English team)
Germany - Bayern Munich (I went to see the old Olympic Stadium once)
France - Caen (family reasons - where my great-uncle was killed in WWII)
Spain - Atletico Osasuna (I had a great vacation in Pamplona and made friends with a lot of their fans)
Italy - AC Milan (English Roots)
Russia - Zenit Sankt-Peterburg (One of my favourite cities and I have one of their scarfs someone gave me when I was there)
Australia - Melbourne Victory ( A good friend of mine is a big fan).

I think thats it....

-Richard

No comments: