Friday, December 22, 2006

On Monday I took the day of work to go to a special "Monet in Normandy" at the North Carolina Museum of Art here in Raleigh.

It was a beautiful experience. I love art, especially the impressionists. The way they re-create nature and God's creation is breathtaking. It gave us an hour escapism from the craziness of life. Normandy is also my favourite place in France having visited it several times, so that was an extra bonus.

Jenn and I are actually members of the Museum. We believe in support local art and every year we choose something to support this year it is the Art Gallery. I have chosen two Monet's to post here. They are both actually part of the Museum's permanent collection. Click on them and it will take you to the Museum web-page giving the story and credits.


-Richard

No comments: